[I:http://www.uniquearticlewizard.com/extras/pics/successwithsonjathumb0.jpg] [I:http://www.uniquearticlewizard.com/extras/pics/successwithsonjaimage1.jpg] Do you want to write in a more compelling style? If you are like most people, your answer is yes. The good new is, it only takes a small amount of improvement and you will effect your emails, articles, press releases, blog posts, web copy and every part of your business and your life in a positive way.
It’s somewhat true when you think back to that old advice that, “practice makes perfect.” But it’s not 100% true. We need specific advice. And most of us don’t have the time these days to sit around and write and write for hours on end, waiting for a small improvement to show up. We are looking for some quicker results. We are looking for tips we can use today.
So, I am sharing with you a few tips and faster ways that you can improve your writing skills. You can certainly put these to immediate use, without having to spend months and years “practicing.”
5 Tips For Making Your Writing Style More Compelling
1) Always include a photograph or illustration, if it is possible. The saying, “A picture is worth a thousand words,” is amazingly true. It seems like a silly way to start a list on 5 writing tips, but this is very true. Pictures grab people. They are powerful and get attention. Pictures draw people to your writing and they help keep people glued to your page. If for some reason you cannot include a photo, paint a picture with your words. Entertain your reader’s senses with your descriptions.
2) Keep your sentences and paragraphs short. This makes it easy for people to read your work. Don’t spool out real long, ongoing sentences and chunky paragraphs. Keep it easy, fresh and to the point. When it’s easy reading, it’s enjoyable to read, and the reader’s get your point. That is your goal.
3) Bullet points and subheadings help guide people through your writing. And readers will process the information better when presented in pieces. So, always number steps, strategies or ideas whenever you can. It also captures interest and helps people remember what you have written.
4) It is so important to be clear and concise. Tight pieces are easier to read and easier on the eye. This will delight your reader. Always make it your goal to write in an interesting style. Do not throw in a bunch of extra words describing things multiple times. Pieces that are too long and complex are often confusion. If you have more to say, why not break it into two pieces?
5) Don’t stray too far from your main point. If you get too many thoughts or ideas included in a piece, readers get confused about the main point. Building an outline before you begin will help you. Choose your main point and three or four subpoints that support it. Always make sure they are relevant.
These are five quick and easy tips, but don’t underestimate them. They create powerful results when applied to your writing and they are tips you can begin using today. You are well on your way to becoming a more effective writer.
Published author Sonja Solaro is a Christian wife and mother, master internet marketer, internet marketing mentor and award winning mompreneur. Sonja wants to help others succeed. For more writing and internet tips visit Sonja’s blog. If you want to increase your earnings, learn about the powerful platform Sonja is using to create wealth from home.. Unique version for reprint here: 5 Simple Ways To Be A Compelling Writer…Fast!.