To get the best Arkansas River rafting information means looking at a lot of options and knowing these 7 things means you’ll get the most out of it.
1. There’s whitewater rafting then there’s Arkansas River rafting. Regular whitewater rafting is fun, but whitewater rafting down the Arkansas River is unlike any whitewater rafting you’ve ever experienced before.
2. While many rivers have great rides, the Arkansas River drops 5,000 feet in the first 125 miles which makes it one of the sharpest dropping rivers anywhere. The whitewater on that section of the Arkansas River is some of the most sought after whitewater in the world.
3. That sounds exciting and it truly is, however many people, especially kids, aren’t prepared to rid a Class III or Class IV section of river. But there are Class I sections that kids as young as 7 will enjoy and their parents will too. Nice rapids and great scenery are a great way to learn about whitewater river rafting.
4. For those who want to gain more experience, including teenagers, there are some awesome Class II and Class III sections that provides great scenery but even more exciting rapids as well.
5. Experienced rafters will love the Arkansas whitewater rafting on the Class IV and Class V sections which are challenging, exhilarating and unlike anything you’ll experience anywhere else in the world.
6. With a great selection of excursions from a half day trip all the way through a 3-4 day camping trip, you’ll have plenty of ways to get the full Colorado experience with an Arkansas River rafting trip. If you’ve got the time for a long excursion, you’ll definitely have a great time.
7. Taking a waterproof camera means you’ll be able to have lots of pictures of your adventure to share with your friends and family and to bring back great memories of your Arkansas River rafting trip as well.
As beauty goes, nothing beats the Rocky Mountains in the winter except the Rocky Mountains in the summer. The best way to take in all that beauty is to take a whitewater rafting trip down the Arkansas River so you can take the time to absorb it all. When it comes time to plan for your next vacation, if you want one of the most impactful experiences of your life, a whitewater rafting trip on the Arkansas River will give you an experience like no other. Make your next vacation a vacation to treasure forever with the Arkansas River and the Rocky Mountains.
For an adventure filled vacation, there’s nothing more exciting than taking an Arkansas River rafting trip that everyone in the family will enjoy. When Ryann Clawson wanted to take an excursion and leave it all behind, he found the perfect rafting trips by doing his research.